11.06.2005

Long time....

...no see. Sorry there have been no posts in a while, but Geoff has been busy and I forgot I could post here. Well I thought I'd bring us all upto date on whats been happening behind the scenes at everyones most anticipated series, Stargate Destiny.

Unfortunetly, one of our staff writers, Terminus upped and left. He left the community as well, due to family issues among other things. Here is his goodbye to us all:

"I'm pulling away from the StarGate fanfiction community as of this date - there's a lot of stuff going on in my life at the moment that I'm struggling to get a handle on and I need to figure out how to cope with that before I can reimmerse myself back in fanfiction circles.

I apologise to many of you for this - but it is necessary. I've just been very depressed lately and I need to sort myself out"

While it does set one of our episodes back, we are sad to see Terminus go, and we wish him the best of luck in wherever he ventures next. But onto a brighter side, Samuels joined us as a proof-reader, and maybe writer. This was to fill in the void left by Terminus, as he was also the series' proof-reader and an editor along side myself.

Erm, well, onto myself. Unfortunetly I hadn't got around to writing too much of 1x05 - Treasure Trove lately due to writing Valiant, the sixth episode of the fully running Stargate virtual series, Stargate Horizon. But since that has now been released, I'm back to work on Treasure Trove. It's a pretty interesting episode actually. The Destiny crew find a planet with an abandoned ancient city on it, a really trashed and wrecked city. Of course, our heroes suspect the shows bad guys, the Malecathi, did this but.....well, I'll just let you wait.

There is a few interesting moments in that episode, what would be really cool shots and a funny Jonas moment. This episode deals with how the situation in this new galaxy effected the Alterans that travelled there. It's something I don't think we've seen before on Stargate, to see some an advance race turn to such intense and unlikely measures. Anyway, I've send to much. Onto other things.

Providence (Part One) is soon to be entering editing. Samuels is going to be going through it, making sure everything is correct and spelt properly. After that comes the removal of scenes, and changing of dialogue and such things. Not that anything needs to be removed. It's just some scenes are too long, too much detail or iffy dialogue here or there.

Geoff is working hard on the second part of Providence. Unfortunetly it's been a bit tight due to personal lifes, but with a release date in 2 months, we're now cracking on to get everything done. I haven't heard from Esquin, but he's really have fun with Behemoth, which is going to be a fantastic and big episode...involving asteroids.

There has also been a chance in our cast. We previously had Catherine Bell as Col. Hemmingway. It has just recently been decided to change that actress to
Evangeline Lilly. She plays the character, Kate, on the hit show Lost. Which I might add, I have recently gotten around to watching. I got the first part of the first season on DVD. It only just recently came out on DVD in the UK.



So anyway, that's all from me for the moment. Be sure to drop by our forums and have a look around: http://stargatedestiny.proboards55.com/index.cgi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home